SEEING POSSIBILITIES TO REALITIES
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
Goodman's China and Gift Shop
Conceptualized conversion of 62,000 sq. ft. warehouse (on 158,000 sq. ft. site) to fashionable shopping mall with new parking structure:
- examined Ontario Building Code and City of North York Zoning By Law to comply with regulatory design criteria.
- photographed site as reference for architectural rendering which was produced for presentation to governing authorities and promotional marketing material.
Village by the Grange
Explored restructuring of Village by the Grange shopping concourse where stagnant retail sales were causing financial losses for tenants and developers:
- studied existing plans of the complex, adjacent structures as documented in records at Toronto City Hall and new development programs for the neighborhood.
- assembled presentation drawings and written proposal for revitalization.
DESIGN & PRODUCTION:
Produced design and construction drawings for Sears Canada in the venture to build the new Eaton Store Concept in the year 2000:
- developed AutoCAD R14 drawings for 200 thousand square feet in Project Team.
- designed and detailed specialty men's and ladies' merchandise fixtures.
Hudson Bay Company
Applied design, illustration and drafting skills to visually present projects for the Hudson Bay Company store planning department:
- provided interior and exterior renderings of "Hudson Bay Outfitters" design concept to demonstrate historical past with contemporary use of materials.
- rendered ideas such as the Gretzky Shop and produced construction documents for new and renovated retail, food service and office facilities.
Crown Banquet Hall
Planned and produced interior design scheme for 10,000 sq. ft. Crown Banquet Hall in Mississauga:
- created a comfortable and functional environment, with full-service liquor bar, through innovative use of color and materials while adhering to tight budget constraints.
Liquor Control Board of Ontario
Designed exterior building with landscaping plus interior renovations of 4,000 sq. ft. Wasaga Beach Liquor Store for the Liquor Control Board of Ontario:
- presented California theme possibilities with arched entrance, colorful exterior insulation finishing system, interior palm tree graphics and neon merchandise category signs.
Goodman's China and Gift Shop
Managed entire 4,500 sq. ft. retail facility expansion and renovation for Goodman's China and Gift Store while maintaining existing store operational:
- designed business logo, storefront, space/block plan, merchandisers, electrical and mechanical layouts ... directed lighting, color, material and finishing schemes.
- developed rendering, construction drawings, specification manual, tender documents and installed store opening displays.
T Eaton Company
Supervised specialty shop design, visual merchandising, display and special event promotions for four T. Eaton Company Stores:
- controlled annual budgets while meeting staffing requirements, purchasing fixtures, display materials and contract services.